MATC has partnered with Credly to award digital badges to current and historical learners who have completed designated, industry-driven coursework.
Digital badging is a way to keep students motivated in their coursework while obtaining industry-valued skills that they can proudly and quickly display on their social media and virtual resumes, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to name a few.
What digital badges are:
- Digital badges are a verifiable digital representation that documents an individual’s demonstrated skills, competencies, and certifications
- Digital badges are comprised of detailed content describing how the earner achieved the badge
- Digital badges are tethered to the issuing organization to validate and verify the achievement
- Digital badges must have a minimum of one tangible competency with measurable outcomes
- A Digital badge must be valuable to the industry/community partner it serves
- Digital badges bring equity to earners due to electronic portability. This virtual credential travels with the earner forever.
Claiming the badge is easy and uncomplicated. Earners follow these steps:
- Earners must complete all courses required within the digital badge with a grade of C or better
- The digital badge will automatically be issued to the earner via email upon course completion and issuance of final grades.
- Earners will receive an email from Acclaim (firstname.lastname@example.org) notifying them their badge as been issued.
- Earners then click the “Accept Your Badge” button in the email
- Earners need to create an account by following the steps or sign in if they already have a Credly account
- Claim your badge! Earners can auto-accept badges from Credly and decide the visibility of their digital badge. Select “Accept”
- Share your Badge! Earners have many options when it comes to sharing their accomplishments such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more!
To find out more about how to accept digital badges
WATCH THIS VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeSQM0h1_Y.
Badging opportunities are continuously growing. Here are the current list of
badges MATC offers. If your department is interested in creating a digital badge please complete the Digital Badge Inquiry form.
If you are still unsure what a digital badge is and want more information, please contact Michele Schimke at email@example.com.