New and returning faculty are encouraged to review the tutorials on the Blackboard Faculty Support website when preparing their courses for the start of the semester. To quickly get started, we recommend the following basic tutorials:
Adding Content and Managing Courses
Assessments and Grade Feedback
For inclusion into the catalog and web site:
Due by September 30: New Programs
• All approvals through step four (Program Proposal), including notification of WTCS Board approval, must be received by the Curriculum Office for inclusion in the printed catalog.
o WTCS Board meets odd numbered months (Jan, Mar, May, July, Sept, and Nov.)
o Program proposals must be submitted to WTCS approximately 60 days before WTCS Board meetings.
Due by Oct. 15: Major Modifications and Advanced Technical Certificates
• Major Modifications WTCS approvals must be received by November 30 to be entered into the catalog
• Advanced Technical Certificates WTCS approvals must be received by November 30 for inclusion in the printed catalog
Due by December 15: Program/Course Descriptions
• Course Descriptions
• Program Overview, Career Outlook, Program Learning Outcomes, Preparation for Admissions, and Future Opportunities.
Web site only, catalog updated for the following year
• No changes accepted to curriculum after applications are being accepted for the upcoming academic year (+/- April 1)
o No adding courses to programs
o No removing courses from programs
o No changes to existing courses that affect credit values
• Will only accept changes for:
o Course title change.
o Course allocation of contact hours not affecting credit values
ALL ACCEPTABLE course changes MUST be made before registration starts.